TracFone Wireless is an American mobile network operator. Founded in 1996, the company is based in Miami, Florida, United States. Currently, the company is operating with more than ninety thousand locations.
If you are here to learn about unlocking TracFone then you have landed on the right page. Having been using TracFone for some time and now want to change your mobile career? If yes, then we will show you how to do it. Firstly, we will show you how to get an unlock code and then we will list the detail procedure of unlocking the phone.
Getting an Unlock Code
Below are the instructions to get an unlock code.
- Dial the following customer service number
- Speak with the customer service representative and request an unlock code for your phone. The representative will make sure that you meet all the necessary conditions to be unlocked. You may already know that GSM phone that uses SIM cards are unlocked and you cannot get CDMA units unlocked.
- You better write down the 10 to 15-digit code you receive from the representative. Keep the code at your hand when unlocking your TracFone.
Unlocking Your Phone
Above you have received the unlock code from the representative, now the next step is unlocking your phone. Instructions for unlocking your TracFone are simple. You just have to follow the instructions carefully to get your TracFone unlocked.
- Which carrier do you want to switch to? Contact the carrier and get a new SIM card.
- Turn off your phone, just like you normally do. You need to remove the TracFone SIM card from your phone. TracFone uses various phones and these phones get SIM card inserted in different ways. So, you should know how to remove the SIM card on the phone you are using.
- Now insert the new SIM card you received from your new carrier.
- Make sure that SIM card is inserted properly. Now turn on your phone and you will get to see a notification saying that you must unlock your phone first before start using the new SIM card.
- You just need to enter the unlock code you received from the representative.
- If you have entered the correct unlock code, you will get to see a confirmation message. Just click Ok. Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked your TracFone.
As your TracFone is unlocked now, so you can start using it on the new carrier.
Around the Web
The Easiest Way to Unlock TracFone Mobile Phones